Wednesday, March 21

Avery Said...

We were setting the table for dinner one night and I said to Clark, "You know it's been a long time since we've had the missionaries over.  (Referring to the LDS missionaries currently serving in our area.)  Maybe we should have them over for dinner one night."  Avery became quite upset and ran to Clark saying, "Mommy wants to eat the missionaries for dinner!  That's too yucky!  Tell Mommy NO!"  (Avery idolizes the missionaries and loves shaking their hands each Sunday at church.  He often tells us that he's going to be a missionary and ride a bicycle like the missionaries when he grows up.  Poor boy, he thought I was suggesting we eat his beloved missionaries!)

*************

One day last week Avery and were driving in the car and we had this conversation...

Me: Look at this dark, cloudy sky today.

Avery:  I can't see the sun.  It's playing Hide and Seek with us.

Then a minute later he added, "And I can't see Heavenly Father up there today."  How sweet is that!

No comments: