Tuesday, November 15

Number L

(sleeping on the couch this afternoon)

Avery is such a musical child.  He loves listening to music and recently we've been so pleased to see him memorizing the lyrics to many of his favorite songs.  He sings for us all the time now. 

We have started listening to Christmas music in the car when we're out running errands.  Avery's favorite singer is David Archuleta.  We never get past "Joy to the World", the first song on the CD, because Avery loves it so much that when the song ends, he shouts, "Joy to the World again please!"  So we listen to it over and over. He has many of the words memorized and sings along in a loud, enthusiastic voice.  It's so cute.(Good thing I like it, too!  Although I'm getting tired of it.)

Well the other day I was trying to interest him in listening to something else.  I tried all kinds of Christmas CD's including some specifically made for children.  He wanted nothing to do with any of them.  Then I got to thinking about how much he loved Josh Groban's Christmas CD when he was younger. So I finally convinced him to give that one a try.  He seemed to like it.  The next day we were driving in the car and he said, "I want Josh.  Number L."  I asked him what he meant by "number L."  He just kept saying, "I want number L. Josh number L.  Play it, Mommy."  Then he started to sing, "Number L, number L, number L, number L."  After a minute, it finally dawned on me.  I said, "Do you mean Noel?"  He answered in a rather exasperated voice, "Yes, number L.  Play it!"  So I played Josh Groban's "The First Noel" (with Faith Hill) and he was a happy child. 

I love my little Avery.  I love being his mother.  He makes my life so enjoyable!

No comments: