Wednesday, October 5

Avery Loves Joy School

This fall Avery and I are trying something new...Joy School Preschool.  I have 3 friends who all have young toddlers and we're all blessed to be stay-at-home moms.  We hold Joy School in our homes and we take turns being the teacher. (The Joy School lesson plans can be purchased on the internet.) 

Avery absolutely loves Joy School days and I'm really enjoying it, too.  It combines my two loves, motherhood and teaching!  This month we've been learning about the "Joy of the Body."  Avery is learning about all the wonderful things his body can do and how to take good care of his body.  Last night at dinner he said, "My body needs this brocky."  (Brocky is how he says broccoli.)  And of course he's learning social skills as well... like how to sit quietly for a short lesson, how to play nicely and share with the other children, and how to follow instructions from the teacher. 

I'm grateful for wonderful programs like Joy School and good friends to do it with!


Avery with is backpack on getting ready to leave for his first day of Joy School a few weeks ago.

Heading out the door to Joy School this morning.


Making a scary monster face! 

No comments: