I can hardly believe how much writing they are having the kids do in Kindergarten these days. It's wonderful! Here is a little story Avery wrote just before Christmas. It was for a homework assignment. It had to be 10 sentences long and tell about what he would like to be when he grows up. He took him 3 days to write the story - writing 2 or 3 sentences each day.
"I wont to be a fir fidr. You yoz a hoz. A fir fitr youzuz an ax. He helps us. I wont to be u cop. A cop has handcuffs. He poots them on a bad gi. He has a ples dog."
(In case it's hard for you to read his "sound spelling" as they call it, here is the version with correct spelling: I want to be a firefighter. You use a hose. A firefighter uses an axe. He helps us. I want to be a cop. A cop has handcuffs. He puts them on a bad guy. He has a police dog.)
Love it! He has very neat handwriting, too. It helps having a schoolteacher for a mom.
Monday, January 12
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment