The other night Avery was choosing his bedtime stories for me to read. He chose one of his Curious George stories - an old favorite. He handed me the book and said, "Remember the funny part where George gets stinked by a skunk?"
I love his little language and grammar mistakes! He's growing up and they happen less often now. But they always make me smile.
*****
This afternoon we went to Target to pick up a few things. As we were walking in the front door he said to me, "Can I have a cake pop? It would be really delightful to have a cake pop right now!" I love this child's amazing vocabulary.
*****
And thinking about Target just now reminded me of another cute thing he said when we were at Target last week. ( Yes, I know. We probably go to Target too much!) But anyway, we were standing in front of the yogurt section and Avery picked up a package of yogurts and said to me, "Mom let me tell you why this yogurt is so special. See these little M&M's on the top? That makes this yogurt more special." An older woman standing next to us started chuckling and she and I shared a few comments about the cute things little ones say. Then Avery tugged on my shirt and said, "Mom, that lady is a stranger. Did you forget you're not supposed to talk to strangers?" At this point, the lady burst out laughing and said, "He sure is a smart little guy."
Tuesday, October 7
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment