Clark enjoys art and has always wanted to learn to paint well. While Avery and I were in Utah he decided to give it a try again. He painted this colorful sunrise landscape.
Here is a close-up of some of the detail. It's very pretty up close. It kind of reminds me of a Vincent Van Gogh painting.
When Avery and I returned from Utah, Avery wanted to make a painting on canvas just like Daddy. Here is his very first painting. He loved swirling the colors together.
Just a random shot of Avery on his bed with one of his stuffed animals wrapped up like a baby.
Another random shot...I turned on my camera the other day and saw this. Avery apparently took this photo of himself because I didn't take it! That little rascal. He loves my camera.
This past Monday Avery started Pre-K. He was so excited but a little nervous. He has different teachers this year than what he had last year in preschool. So he was nervous about the new teachers. He was also worried about being able to write his name. He struggles with the lower case "e" in the middle. But I assured him the teachers would help him and that it didn't need to be perfect. (He tends to be a perfectionist like me. Poor child!) And he was also a little worried about making friends. It turned out that half his classmates are members of our church. Plus there were a couple of additional friends from his class last year. So there was no shortage of familiar faces and friends to play with on that first day.
I wish this photo weren't so blurry. He wasn't wanting to stand still for photos and I didn't realize it was such a lousy picture until the next day. He was in a rush to get out the door and didn't like that I was making him stop for a first day of school photo! But doesn't he look so grown up?!
This is his "Super Hero" pose...ready to go out into the world and conquer!
No comments:
Post a Comment